Monday, August 6, 2012

Chi Enviro Smoothing Treatment Review - Part 2


Product: Chi Enviro American Smoothing Treatment - Virgin and Resistant Hair 

What the product claims:  It eliminates up to 95% of frizz while making curly hair more manageable. It instantly adds amazing shine, silkiness and condition to the hair.

Retail Purchase Price: varies in salons who offer the service; however, I purchased the product from Ebay for $75.00. I'm a D.I.Y kind of girl :-)

My experience/results: Today was the test to see if the treatment actually could live up to its claims. The weather was expected to peak around 90 degrees with high humidity all day long. 

This was my hair after washing the treatment out with the supplied shampoo and conditioner


This was my hair blown out with a vented brush and a dryer set to cool. I used the supplied Chi Serum to blow dry.
 

Final product after flat-ironing on 370 degrees

So lets compare the results - Flat ironed hair

Before (w/treatment in)

After (w/treatment washed out)
Blow dried hair

Before (w/treatment in)
After (w/treatment washed out)


















And here is my hair after spending 30 minutes outside and 8 hours in air conditioning at work
           






Keep or Toss: I think the photos speak for themselves. Who's to say that the product would have worked better if I followed the directions to the letter, however, I was more concerned about keeping my hair on my head and not singed on my bathroom floor. I probably wouldn't try the treatment again even I got it professionally done. My hair wasn't more manageable after washing. I spent the same amount of time blow drying and flat-ironing as if I never tried the treatment at all. The only difference in my hair was that it felt a bit smoother coming out of the shower but I usually get the same smooth feeling if I deep condition. There was no deep conditioning step while using this treatment. This treatment was not worth the time, money, or effort.

Rating: 1.0 out of 5.0

13 comments:

  1. Hi I just tried this treatment. The first week it did good. I have frizzy, caucasian hair that is a mixture of curl and wave. However after 3 washings the frizz is back and I do have to flat iron after washing and drying to straighten it back out. I have been using there products but am disappointed as you that it is back to some of the frizz after only a week. It is better than it was and it is laying better and less curly than it was but I wonder how long this will last if it is somewhat frizzy than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mine professionally applied. You have to follow the instructions. I am a black woman with kinky natural hair. And I love it. You have to use correct flat iron, at the correct temperature. And you have to flat iron each section FIVE times. I have set in the chair next to another woman getting the same procedure. Her stylist took half the time as mine, and the lady's hair did not look that smooth or straight. I love my hair. I use the Chi system to grow out my relaxer. Now my hair is 100% natural. And it looks like I still have a relaxer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Hello, I have this Chi product in my hair. A stylist recommend it because I have thin hair and used relaxers. I have been six months free from relaxers. I am not sure, but I believe my hair maybe falling out or thinning. Is it a possibility that it's damaging my hair or getting the damaged hair out that was relaxed six months ago? I am ashamed to wear my hair down anymore because of the thinning. Help me please

      Delete
  3. I appreciate your review, but I don't think it is fair to use a flat iron at a cooler temperature setting then only make 3-5 passes when they clearly say 5 with the hotter iron, then give a bad review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Also, the serum is intended for use after the hair has been sealed and treatment complete. She broke the pattern of the system therefore blocking the treatment from being activated by the heat. I am a beautician that uses this product all the time and love it!

      Delete
  4. yeah I think if you would've have followed the directions it would have came out better. It still looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, the first time I had the Enviro treatment applied was by my stylist and it was manageable, straight, just over all healthier than before. I admit the 48hour wait right after does have the hair dull and rough but the treatment isn't fully finished being set until after that 48hr period until you can wash hair. I was in transition at that time. I am fully natural now and have been for almost 3 years now and I LOVE IT!!. I've been applying the treatment myself this last year and I almost do it as well as my stylist��!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, the first time I had the Enviro treatment applied was by my stylist and it was manageable, straight, just over all healthier than before. I admit the 48hour wait right after does have the hair dull and rough but the treatment isn't fully finished being set until after that 48hr period until you can wash hair. I was in transition at that time. I am fully natural now and have been for almost 3 years now and I LOVE IT!!. I've been applying the treatment myself this last year and I almost do it as well as my stylist��!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the chi enviro treatment put in my hair about 2 weeks ago after my stylist recommended it to me. She claimed that it would leave my hair smooth, frizz free and help me thru the transitional phase from relaxer to natural without breakage. After two weeks my hair appeared to be thinner, dull and lifeless. I feel that I wasted my money at a whopping 150 dollars because my hair looks worse then if I had just gotten a wash and flat iron..so I would not recommend this product!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry to hear that. Unfortunately not every stylist is certified and trained to use this particular product.if not done properly it will damage your hair.

      Delete