Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kinky Curly Knot Today




Ingredients: Organic mango extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

What the product claims: [It] is a creamy herbal conditioner and detangler designed to smooth the cuticle and remove knots, snarks and tangles from thick curly textured hair.

Retail Purchase Price: $12 for 8oz bottle from Whole Foods.

My Experience: Kinky-Curly Knot Today has a clean, fresh fragrance that is relaxing and not overpowering. The lotion-like consistency of the product goes on your hair very light. It does help in the detangling process by providing lots of slip but it didn't give my hair very much moisture beyond a few hours of applying. I have revisited this conditioner time and time again looking for ways to get it to work for my hair. I have twisted with it, rollerset with it as a leave-in,  flat-ironed with it as a leave-in; and nothing has provided me with enough softness and moisture that lasts.

Keep or Toss: As much as I wanted to love this conditioner, it just didn't seem to do enough overall for my hair. If it detangled AND moisturized, this product would fall into HOLY GRAIL territory. It does perform as suggested, though, so it is a worthwhile product to try if you have issues with detangling. I have found other methods to detangle my hair without needing to use this product so I probably wouldn't repurchase in the future.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment